Hello,
It's been really fun working in 3 branches. We're not as busy as I thought we would be.
Esther will be baptized during the coming week. We're really looking forward to that. She's so excited to go to the temple. Apparently, she lives very close to the temple in Korea. She'll be going back in December. She's looking at continuing her studies in the UK or US. Apparently, the school she has the most desire to go to is Johnson and Wales. I know they have a branch in Denver. That would be cool if she studied there.
Mei decided to be baptized. Once we got Kelly, a recent convert, involved with teaching her, it was over. Kelly called us on Saturday informing us when and where she would be picking her up for church. Kelly was attached to Mei's hip for 3 hours during the church meetings, and Kelly explained all that we taught and helped resolve all the concerns and fears which Mei had.
We had an interesting day at church. Several college students, all but one of whom are Muslim, were at church on a college assignment to learn a few things about another religion. It's a really sensitive situation as to what we can or cannot do with them, so we tried to be friendly but not do anything against the law. I thought it worked well.
Elder Judd and Elder Jeffries have really been fun companions. We've been having lots of first time experiences with Elder Jeffries. It was his first time he ate durian this week (and my first time liking it). Last night, we went with Esther to a sushi restaurant. I had some awesome eel sushi.
We have zone conference today and tomorrow. Elder Hall and Elder Stone, as well as many others, are staying with us. Later, we'll probably go to a planetarium or something.
As for Christmas and birthday, I really don't know. I don't feel a great craving for anything, and even if I did, I'll be home a few weeks after Christmas anyway. Actually, I just thought of some things. I'd like a copy of the EFY 2009 CD. It would also be nice to have another church CD. I don't know what. Andrew probably knows something good. I would appreciate a BYU T shirt from this year (the homecoming shirt). President Clark allows us to read books from General Authorities on P-Day, so could you find something you think I'd like?
I've heard there was a big earthquake near Indonesia yesterday. What happened?
Love,
Elder Muffler
Whats been going on?
11 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment