Hello,
For the Christmas call, it would probably be best if you called 8:00AM Christmas morning Penang time. I won't be emailing again before that. Christmas will be our p-day. We'll have all day. The number is XXXXXXXXXXX.
We just got back from Ipoh. We went down on Monday night. Elder Shipp and I got spoiled big time when we were there. His birthday is tomorrow, and it's been a long time since he's been there, plus it's Christmas, so Sister Chris and President Yap took us to dinner, and we had ice cream with them another time, and they brought us breakfast and Christmas and birthday presents. In addition to that, Elder and Sister Dabels had lunch for us after we presented a training, and we had dinner from Sister Lydia. I gained at least 3 pounds on that exchange!
The exchange itself was very good. I went with Elder Hall to visit Sister Cathreene. She is doing loads better from the last time I saw her, which was when we stopped teaching her. Since then, she has been baptized and found a new job and is seeing a psychiatrist, and she just seems much happier. She was just laughing her head off at everything I said yesterday. I was telling some good jokes, but I didn't think they were that funny until she told me. After going to her house, we went with her to her friend, who after recieving a Book of Mormon last week, has been reading it and loving it. She is really excited to come to church, and so glad that someone is willing to come and explain things to her. She was unhappy with her old church, where she would go every Sunday but not get anything out of it.
Lew got baptized last Friday. After his baptism he shared a very simple testimony, "Hello. I know this Church is true. I am happy to be baptized, and the best is yet to come. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
Maem surprised us at church again. I really don't know what to think about those members. It seems like they trick her into going to Thailand during the week, but she finds a way to show up on sunday and ask when her baptism can be. We'll see if we can get her interviewed and baptized this week. She's the best.
Elder Shipp reminded me that ecco shoes supposedly have a lifetime guaruntee on them. I grabbed my torn up pair that should have been thrown away from the Ipoh house. I'll be bringing them home with me.
Elder Shipp is going to look at getting a tailored suit. I don't think I want one. But if they're really cheap or super nice I think I might want one. I'll let you know after I see them. What do you think?
I figure I'll probably not be finishing in Penang. There will be transfers this coming Monday, then again the first week of January. I would love to finish here, but maybe they'll send me back to KK for a few weeks. Who knows.
Thanks for the testimony of tithing.
Love,
Elder Muffler
Whats been going on?
11 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment