So, during the last week and a half or so, 2 missionaries have come to replace Elder Niederhauser and Elder Gulbrandsen as the zone leaders. The older one is Elder Kunioka, who is from Hawaii. The other one is Elder Troxel, with whom I think you're acquainted. I'm excited to have them here. They're two very different people, but I think they'll get along great and do wonders here. We've all had fun together the past couple of days.
Gemimi and her son are still doing awesome. We moved up their baptism to next Saturday. They're pretty much members of the branch already. We leave church before they do on Sunday. After sacrament meeting, the kids disappear along with the rest of primary. This past Saturday night there was a branch activity, which by the way was a phenomonal activity. Sister Junnifer organized it. There was a great spiritual thought on families, a fun game, and very good food. Too good of food. There was this soy sauce pork. I must have eaten a couple of pounds of that stuff. My goodness. It was good. Anyway, Gemimi helped serve food at that activity. I'm really excited for her. During the next couple of weeks, we'll really be pushing to meet some of her family members and friends. She already wants us to meet her little sister (or maybe little brother. I'm not sure. The word in malay is the same, adik) Our Indian friend came to church again this past sunday. Before Sacrament meeting, when talking to the Douglas's, he said "I like this church. I've been to a lot of churches, but I don't feel anything. But when I come here, I feel so peace. I feel very nice." Later, after sacrament meeting, he pulled me aside and told me "I'm so happy I got transferred here. Before I was working in KL, but 6 months ago God moved me here so I can find the true church." I think the only problem we'll have with Jeevan is taking the time to make sure he understands correctly. He's doing great otherwise. It still makes me laugh to think about that day we met him. I was fasting, I was tired, and I was sure I wasn't talking to anybody on the bus home. Good thing Jeevan talked to me. I didn't say much, just enough to get his phone number. God filled in the rest.
We also started teaching a referral that came to the branch activity. The 1st counsellor in the district presidency, President Fausto, brought his girlfriend. She seems really interested. We actually didn't intend to start teaching her yet.
President Fausto said he would talk to us when she was ready (I hate procrastination), but as it happened, Patricia is related to one of the less actives we are working with. Sunday night, an appointment fell through, so we went to that less active, and she just happened to be there, and so we taught her. Good stuff.
I taught an assistant pastor on the bus the other day. He was from the United Pentecostal Church, the same one as that crazy pastor from Sandakan. He was all right. He listened, then agreed to read the Book of Mormon.
The meeting with President Skelton last week was very awesome. He had a lot of good things to say to us.
Farewell,
Elder Muffler
(Click on pictures below to see close-up)
Here is a picture of Elder Muffler with the Baby Python at the Zoo Last Week:
Here is a picture of Elder Muffler, Bong's two daughters, and Bong:





No comments:
Post a Comment