Hello family,
My ballot has not yet come.
This has been a good week. We went to meet Jaimi and Bibi last Wednesday. We kind of focused on Jaimi the whole time, teaching her about family history. Near the end of the appointment, I asked Bibi about her smoking. She said she had already stopped for longer than 2 weeks. We said maybe we could move up her baptism a little sooner. She told us she needed to go back to her village on Friday, but she'd be back after a week or so. We were talking it through, trying to figure out how long she would be back for and what not, when I finally just decided we could have her baptism that Saturday- it wouldn't cause any big problems, just a lot of work calling people. So that's what happened. She got baptized on Saturday, confirmed on Sunday, and now she's back in her village tending her rice paddy. She gave an awesome testimony after her baptism, talking about how we met her because she got in that car accident, and how from the very first day, she was planning to go back "besok, besok, besok, dan tidak terjadi": tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow, but it never happened. She said it was maybe the hand of God stopping her from going back so she could be baptized.
The zone leaders came yesterday. We actually got a new zone leader who is almost finished with his mission. Our former zone leader, Elder Perrot, is going to be the assistant to the President. Sad day. He gave us such good advice. Elder Stone used to live with Elder Perrot before they came to Sabah, so we both know what a great guy he is. A lot of the times during our companionship study, we'll be talking about a problem, and draw upon the advice of Elder Perrot, like "Elder Perrot once told me the same thing happened to him, and this is what he did ..." Elder Niederhauser came with me yesterday to have Douglas's baptism interview.
Douglas is just getting better. I'm not sure if I got around to it last week, but paying tithing is a concern for Douglas, whose work as a DJ, though relatively high paying, is still not more than sufficient to support his parents and siblings. Now, I don't know the reason behind it, but I do know that Douglas worked extra late Saturday night and gave up his free day on Monday so he could have some overtime. We can only guess he is working more in anticipation of paying tithing. he's so good. I was scared during the interview: they were in the room for a very long time. But no problems, he's all set. And he chose me to do the baptizing, and confirmation (I know he doesn't actually have a choice in confirmation: that's up to the branch president, but President Niun always let's us choose)
Naturally, with so many "free thinkers" around whose money is their god, we hear a thing or two about the U.S. economy. Not too much. We just hear that it's bad. Their god fails them.
Our mission is really hurting for missionaries right now. We've had several missionaries leave with none to replace them. My zone is down to six missionaries right now. We (Elder Stone and I) figure it might be the smallest missionary zone in the world.
It'll be exciting hearing from President Dahlquist. That's pretty neato.
Well, that's all for the day. I'm feeling kind of stressed this week. I hope it goes away soon.
Love,
Elder Muffler
Whats been going on?
11 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment