



Here is the quote from the April 16th Letter:
"Near the end of the lesson, the dog started barking, so a couple of the children went to the window to see who was coming. One of them ran downstairs (their living room was on the second floor), and came back up very excited. Elder Dhillon said "snake", then got the children settled down and finished the lesson. After the lesson, we all went downstairs to see the snake. Elder Dhillon had gone ahead of me while I tied my shoes, and when he could see around the corner where everyone was gathered, he told me "Hurry! Come see this now" I was thinking maybe a five foot snake. I took my time. I walked to the corner of the house. I looked up. The owners of the house had set up two poles with a crossbar. The poles were about the height of a basketball hoop. It took me a while to realize what I was seeing, because it seemed very unreal. Tied to the crossbar on top of the poles was the head of the snake. It still was opening and closing its mouth, and wriggling a little. The body of the python touched the ground with a few feet to spare. I figure it was 15 or 16 feet long. I watched three men working with the snake. One was dealing with the rope to raise and lower the snake. Another held a very bright light for the third, who was in the process of skinning the snake alive. Chinese people love snake meat. It was so cool to watch. After they had skinned the top half and chopped off the head, they seperated the bottom half, and started pulling stuff out of the stomach. They pulled a couple of chickens (I wonder if they'll eat the chickens too) and about thirty eggs out. It was gruesome."





No comments:
Post a Comment